Clinics & Services
- Diabetic clinics - the diabetic clinic runs in Wednesday mornings by Dr Strawson and our practice Nurses Elaine Nelson or Aida Hoxha. The clinic is specifically designed to give patients with diabetes longer with either a doctor or nurse. Typically appointments last twenty minutes. This gives you the patient a great opportunity to discuss your own needs and issues that you have dealing with diabetes. In some cases you will need to have your diagnotic checks done BEFORE you have your diabetes review so that your latest and most up to date results can be discussed at your appointment with the nurse or GP.
- Diabetes at Risk - We are introducing appointments to support and advise patients at risk of developing diabetes. If you receive a letter about this do take us this opportunity to discuss your health with us
- Retinal screening is an annual eye check-up applicable to all patients who have diabetes - this helps prevent blindness.
- Cardio-vascular disease risk assessment - for all our patients aged 32 - 64. This programme aims to assess and offer treatment of lifestyle advice to all our patents who have an increased risk of developing this condition
- Tuberculosis screening - for patients that have recently come to this country from a high risk area. This program aims to identify and treat all those that have this condition
- Antenatal care - most of the doctors at the practice see patients for antenatal and postnatal care during their routine surgeries. Please pick the doctor of your choice and tell the reception staff it is for antenatal care so they can book you an appropriate appointment.
Maternity and obstetrics - new online self-referral forms
From Monday 16 January 2017, the maternity and obstetrics service at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust are encouraging women to use the new online form to self-refer for antenatal care. The online form makes it easier for women to quickly and securely self-refer to our service at home or from their mobile phones and is a quicker method than downloading and submitting a form via email or self-referring via phone.
- Baby clinic - There are two baby clinics that run on Mondays and Thursdays. Dr Davison and Dr Patel run the clinic for baby health checks while the Practice Nurses run the clinic for immunisations. We would encourage mothers to book their own post natal check just before their baby's appointment (in the same clinic on the same day). Please phone reception to book a 10 minute slot and one of our staff will give you an appropriate appointment
- Minor surgery - Dr Wimalasundera runs a minor surgery clinic on Monday afternoons for the removal of warts and other skin lesions. Please phone reception and ask specifically for one of these appointments. Dr Wimalasundera can also administer joint injections for conditions such as a frozen shoulder
- Sexual health clinics - here at the North End Medical centre you can have smear test and High Vaginal Swabs (HVS), that test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea. Chlamydia can also be diagnosed with a urine test. We can take swabs to test for trichomonas and herpes simplex. If you require one of these please book an appointment with a doctor or nurse. Information about other sexual health clinics can be found by clicking here
- Woman's Clinic - routine and recall smears tests, contraceptive and family planning advice (including emergency contraception), general health advice on diet and exercise, sexually transmitted infections – screening and advic
- Podiatry - podiatry services are available for treatment of foot conditions such as bunions and orthotic insoles. Self-referral is also possible at Parsons Green Health Centre
- Warfarin - our healthcare assistants and our practice nurses are able to check your blood to see that you are taking the correct dose of warfarin. Usually you will be seen on a weekly basis but this frequency varies from patient to patient depending on your blood test results.